Caricatures are a popular form of entertainment for a number of reasons……
- They take up little space
- Also provide entertainment for onlookers who enjoy the demonstration of a rare skill.
- Provide exposure for your group with a letterhead or logo.
- Make a valued souvenir of the event.
- Take only about 5 minutes each if a few simple conditions are met.
- Is a low key entertainment so does not compete with other entertainment such as musicians, comedians, and it can continue in the background through speeches.
Artwork may also depict the subject as a full body involved in a favourite hobby or occupation with a caption or nickname.
For nearly 32 years of drawing caricatures at a wide range of functions and venues I have developed an amicable persona necessary for any entertainer working with the public.
Different Formats for a Live Caricaturist
Here are my recommended default formats when working live to achieve my target average of 10 per hour:
- Page: 160 gsm A4 for individuals and A3 for couples or small groups.
- Detail: Head & shoulders
- Colour way: Black & white with halftone. For a bit of added zip I sometimes throw a cheeky dash of colour if I feel it’s appropriate. Usual highlights are red lipstick or big blue eyes on children or a splash of hair colour.
- Medium: Predominately Oil marker.
- Set up: For best results > 1. Small table with a few chairs: provided by you, with reasonable light, under shelter or away from the elements. 2. Easel & Chairs: Supplied for $25 haulage 3. Roving: Very popular where space is a concern or the surprise & entertainment factor is more preferred than numbers. Working Conditions need to be accommodating to achieve best results (see >Terms & Conditions on the Performance Booking link at the bottom of this webpage.) 4. Combination: of any above.
Value Added Options:
- PostPack Cylinders can be provided for $2 each. Good for Professional or Corporate appearance.
- Recycled cylinders 50c ea. Depending on availability. These are hand cut from a range of suitable products such as cardboard cylinders used for fabric rolls. Suitable for small private events where packaging presentation is not a high priority.
- Plastic Sleeves or Paper envelopes. Prices Vary for sizes & quantity. Cost Estimates are around $1 ea for A4 page & $2 ea for A3. Other sizes are available and prices can be given on request.
- Laminating $3.50 for A4 & $5 for A3. Please note that time laminating decreases number of caricatures per hour and requires close access to power point.
2.Group poster :
- Everybody on the one poster size page. $150 for A2 size page or $250 for A1 size page. Can be head and shoulders or full bodies or mixed, like in your old class photos. This can be incorporated with a theme e.g. such as in a hot air balloon? pirate ship? space ship? the ideas are endless.
Other services include post-event Digital saving to disk, Printing off (any size) and post back to you the Original & the Copies. They then may be distributed to the subjects as a token thankyou gift.
Prices vary according to length of performance, distance and other overheads and Value Added options.
If you wish to make a booking then it’s just a matter of:
- Contacting me to enquire about price and availability for the date.
- Fill out and send the Performance Booking, via post, fax or email to reserve the date.
- Accept the invoice for the estimated amount and deposit payment to secure the date.
Individual Caricatures can also be commissioned by sending photographs with a written brief about what you want included in the artwork, such as black & white or colour, head and shoulders or full body, hobbies and/or captions. The Prices for these also vary considerably according to the various options but I do have set prices for the most popular options that you can view.
Your event will be one to remember as patrons are captured in their Natural Character.